Workshop: Enabling Environments for Starting Up Green Businesses
The event will be an interactive online meeting where green business professionals and experts will discuss the common enabling factors and challenges for small green businesses and recommended actions to enable and enhance green business development.
This workshop is prepared under the auspices of the GREEN-WIN international research project. GREEN-WIN aims to identify and analyse win-win strategies for sustainability and climate action and improve our understanding of their linkages, trade-offs and implementation barriers.
Within the project, a special part is dedicated to understanding the emergence of green business models and what makes them attractive to investors, based on a sample of projects and businesses documented by project partners in several locations around the world.
As part of this work, the virtual workshop will address the following questions:
- What are some of the most common enabling factors that promote the creation and growth of green business models?
- What are typically reported to be some of the greatest policy, regulatory, cultural, social and market challenges especially for small green businesses?
- What can be recommended in order to create effective enabling environments for creating small green businesses?
14.00 - 14.10: Welcome and introductions
14.10 - 14.20: Setting the context: Enabling environments – a short literature review of drivers and barriers for green businesses (policies, market, social and cultural environment etc.) - Armin Haas, IASS / Imola Antal, The Ground_Up Centre
14.20 – 15.20: Moderated group discussion on enabling green business development
· What are some examples of the most common enabling factors that promote the creation and development of green business models?
· What are typically reported to be some of the greatest policy, regulatory, cultural, social and market challenges especially for small green businesses?
15.20 - 16.20: Group activity on framework for action to enable and enhance green business development. Outlining top 3 recommended actions for:
- Financiers / Investors
16:20– 16.25: Summary and next steps
16:25 – 16.30: Wrap-up and thanks
The workshop will be moderated by: Brindusa Burrows (Fidanza), Founder & CEO The Ground_Up Project; Director, The Ground_Up Centre